Friday 14 October 2011

027. Become alumna of BEST - BEST Lisbon

After four years working, learning and improve myself in my Local BEST Group, in Lisbon, it was finally time for me to retire.

I learnt many things. I am more organised, I can spot many details, I know how to organise a proper event. I feel confortable in multicultural environments, totally confortable in speaking english. My project and time management skills are superior to most of my colleagues and my presentation skills got better (note: my presentation skills are not good at all! But I noticed a huge improvement).

I was Human Resources Coordinator, Treasurer, Nursing Coordinator of Faro. I got a burnout out of this. I became more responsible and self-aware of my own necessities.

I made wonderful friends, that I am missing a lot, here, far away. I met wonderful people that don't belong in my life anymore.

BEST was, for sure, one of the best things that happened in my life. It was really hard to give this step and finish my local involvement. But life goes on and people grow and change.

Once, a wise man told me that you can leave BEST and keep all the things you gained. That includes the people you met.

I would like to thank my mentors from BEST Lisbon. The people with whom I learnt the most. Nuxa, Ritinha, Nikki. I owe you my new life! Thank you!


:*
L

No comments:

Post a Comment