Sunday 17 April 2011

055. Watch 34 new movies - Dorian Gray



A corrupt young man somehow keeps his youthful beauty eternally, but a special painting gradually reveals his inner ugliness to all. (IMDB)

I think this sentence doesn't show the beauty of this romance. It's a great "case study" of psisology. An innocent man is exposed to the danger of a life filled with (only) pleasure and gets corrupted by it. He ends up living with the objective of having only new (and not that fulfilling) experiences, ending up in suicide. Well, in the book. In the movie it's a mix of homicide and suicide and a daughter never speaking to her dad again.

What I liked the most? Colin Firth, as Lord Henry. He is amazing as a good guy, he is amazing as a bad guy and I find his voice soothing. I also liked Dorian Gray. I mean, he is supposed to be really pretty, right? :)

What I liked the least was the end, I much prefer the end in the book. More dramatic and perfect for the story.

:*
L

No comments:

Post a Comment