Sunday 31 July 2011

060. Find a photograhy course

You all know I was finally a participant in a BEST course. It is always an amazing experience, one gets to know a whole new city (sometimes, not in my case, though), more than 20 new awesome people from around Europe (some even from outside) and have 7 to 15 of the most wonderful days of one's life. This last part I heard a couple of times from Senhor Pedro, the bus driver of my university. One of the most important people there!

This is what everyone gets when going to a BEST course. But I got more. My topic was the best ever! Photography! In a city with a wonderful view over river Drava.


The first day

On the very first day, we learnt a tecnique named penning. You can see my best picture in in the left/right side. It's not wonderful, but it is pretty good, for someone that didn't even know what aperture was in the beginning. 

The second day
On the second day, we learnt just theory about light in studio and on the street. I learnt for the first time the name and goal of the umbrellas and the reflectors, speed lights and others.

The third day
Here, we practice what Simon (our professor) explained us on the former day. You can also see that the color of our course was green. And I don't even like green... 

The forth day
This was an amazing day. Simon and Borut (another professor) tought us about portraits in studio and on the street. Here you have two of my favourite portraits taken by me: Kasia, from Poland (street) and Laura, from Spain (studio). Both pretty and sweet girls. It's easy to photograph people like them. 

The fifth day
This was a special day. But that is material for a different post. We spent the day in computers, to learn how to work with photoshop. As I said: a whole new post about it.



The sixth day
This was a funny day. We had a photo competition. The task was to dress one of our group mates in toilet paper and take pictures. And so we did. Martina from Czech Republic was our chosen model. We are glad with the results, as she is amazingly pretty and easy to photograph. 

We were also released into the "wild": there was a festival in Maribor, the Lent Festival, and we spent the afternoon taking pictures in the park. We reach the pretty conclusion that "L likes to shoot babies and little dogs". Please, look at this sentence only in the photographic point of view!

After dinner, we also went to Lent Festival to practice concert pictures, but my zoom is too low for good concert pictures. I haven't even looked at these and I am pretty sure I'll procrastinate that.

The seventh day

On the (unfortunatelly) last day, we were also released into the wild, for the final test on street photography. I didn0t take that many pictures, but the ones I did were pretty good. Here is only the first one (as I don't want to bother you with my work).



It was awesome, I learnt a lot and I am sure I will keep practicing. Right now, I'm on my way to Faro and my camera is by my side. Apparently, it has some problem in working on full automatic mode. Picky like the owner!

:*
L





No comments:

Post a Comment