Wednesday 28 September 2011

019. Get a job

Once upon a time...

I was checking my e-mail, when someone calls me. A friend of mine, that works as a translator or anything English-Mandarin-Portuguese-Russian-Etc. related, was offered a job for which she was totally unfit. They wanted someone for the month of August to translate some technical chemistry safety sheets from English to Portuguese. Problem was: instead of asking for someone with background in Chemistry, that knew English, they were asking for a translator then knew chemistry.

"Your interview is tomorrow."


It was different than I expected. It was a part time, only in the morning. I had to manage safety sheets and occasionally translate simple technical sentences ("Keep cool." "Yellow clear liquid") or compound names. It was easy, I was efficient, they were happy and started thinking about hiring someone part time during the rest of the year. And I earned good money, compared to what part-times usually give.

And this way, I started paying taxes.

:*
L

No comments:

Post a Comment