Monday 26 September 2011

049. Have an entire conversation in Spanish

This challenge was fulfilled many times already. After all, once you start, you can't stop, right?

For a start, in Maribor Summer Course, there were three wonderful Spanish people. They are not as mean as some friends, that tell me I sound like a robot when I speak Castellano, so it was easy to start practicing. They were even calling us The Spanish Mafia.

On the way to Barcelona, two of them were with me most of the way. Sometimes we spoke in English, sometimes in Spanish. But never in Portuguese! I wonder why...

Then, I stayed for almost one week in Barcelona! Most of the times I was using my dear English, but M.'s family felt more confortable with Castallano (ok, with Catalan... but I can't speak Catalan! At least not yet...), so I was kind of practicing it a bit too.

Of course, the high point of this challenge was when, at work (I will talk about this later), I had to make a phone call to Spain. Only, in Spain, they didn't speak Portuguese nor English... So I had to use all my Spanish (por favor... puedes hablar mas despacio?) in order to get the task right. And I nailed it!

:*
L

No comments:

Post a Comment